I’ve wanted to start a blog-a real blog, where I write publicly and not just tweet, write articles, or short stories, for the past few years. Part of my hesitation stems from thinking “but will anyone read it? Are my thoughts really that interesting? What if I don’t have enough pictures?” In other words, I was setting myself up for failure before I even began. Then, I came across the 30-before-30 challenge.
I’m a list-maker and a goal-setter. Always have been, always will be. When I saw a few people on my RSS feed (namely Beantown Baker) begin their 30-before-30 lists last year, I knew it was something I wanted to do.
A 30-before-30 list is simple: write down 30 things you want to do, accomplish, or see before you turn 30. Right before I turned 29, I made my list. As of September 3rd, I began my adventure.
My list is as follows:
1. See 30 bands.
2. Send 30 letters/cards.
3. Read 30 books.
4. See at least 30 WV counties.
5. Try at least 12 new restaurants.
6. Make 10 new desserts.
7. Make 12 new foods.
8. Start (& actually write in) a journal.
9. Create a family recipe book.
10. Do something special for our 10th anniversary. (November 10th, 2011)
11. Start a blog and write at least 12 posts.
12. Make a pie with meringue.
13. Make a fruit pie with homemade crust.
14. Learn how to can.
15. Lose 30 pounds.
16. Learn to drive a standard.
17. Create a full family tree-at least to my great-grandparents.
18. Complete an “every year until 30” photo collage.
19. Be on a podcast.
20. Be a featured blogger.
21. See at least one new state.
22. Listen to all the Dave Matthews Band studio CDs-songs in order.
23. Take the LPC exam.
24. Plant a garden.
25. Bike 30 miles on the Appalachian trail.
26. Donate blood.
27. Create an exercise program to strengthen my heart.
28. Sing in public again.
29. Send a secret to Post Secret.
30. See the Dave Matthews Band at least 5 times.
*Bonus-See DMB at the Gorge, the day before my 30th birthday, with my husband beside me. I can’t think of a better way to end my 29th year.*
I have a lot of these started, and hope to update as I go along. Some of these might seem silly or simple, but these are things I’ve been wanting to do and feel will make my 29th year a meaningful one.
I can’t help but love stuff like this…I’m so corny.